Freshman Summer Research Institute (FSRI)
The Freshman Summer Research Institute (FSRI) provides a comprehensive program of orientation and academic support designed to ease the transition from high school to college while building a strong research foundation. FSRI is designed to introduce incoming underrepresented and/or underserved first- year students to Caltech's research and math curriculum, culture, academic and student support services.
This fully-funded program offers each participant:
- A 5-week summer research assignment with a Caltech faculty member, postdoctoral scholar, or graduate student
- A 4-week opportunity to prepare for Caltech's first year math course
- Room and board on Caltech’s campus
- Group field trips, excursions, and social activities
- Opportunities to learn and engage in first-year student programing and Caltech culture
2017 Freshman Summer Research Institute dates:
July 9 - August 12, 2017
Application materials will be available February 20, 2017
to admitted students.
For more information about this program, contact Taso Dimitriadis at email@example.com / 626-395-8108.